Friday, January 29, 2010

Jinja (part 2)

Ok, I know that really you're all on here because you want to see pictures of Holly's kids from Our Own Home so here you go...

The Girls' / Babies' House


Some of the girls...


Daphnee, Diana & Joshua


Latisha, Joshua again (ooh, I could so easily bring that boy home with me!) and Aliguya (sp?)


What I spend a good part of my days doing... allowing girls (in this case Gertrude) to braid my hair


Me and my little friend, Aliguya (sp?)


Another one of my "friends", Diana...


The Boys' House


Some of the boys...





Kato and one of his favorite toys (like I said, kids here are resourceful!)...


Mark (LOVE this boy!) and his toy car which he made himself


Tomorrow I might be going to visit a couple of other ministries that I have been following here in Jinja but nothing is confirmed yet. If not, I will simply be spending the day at Our Own Home which is just fine with me. Then Sunday, after going to church with Holly and the kids, I will take the bus back to Kampala, go and pick up the rest of my luggage from Mark & Sarah's and then try to make it to a bit of Robbie's graduation party before I pack up my stuff and get ready to leave for Congo. I will do my best to post one more time on Sunday. In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love the pictures! Especially of Matty. I remember that day in 2007 when you had to say goodbye.... brings tears to my eyes even now. Have fun loving on the kids! I'm continually praying for you!