Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jehovah Jireh... The Lord Will Provide

On Christmas Eve I received the best early Christmas present ever... A friend of mine has a friend who works for N*rth Face and when she heard that I would be spending next winter in the Ukraine she asked her friend if he might be able to find me a warm jacket. Just a few weeks later she handed me this...



I was totally blown away with how beautiful this coat was! The retail value is nearly $400, an amount I never would have spent myself, yet I got it for free... I felt so blessed. It might not do me much good these next few months in Africa but this time next year when I am in Ukraine you can be sure that I will be nice and warm :)

Today I got another little, yet not so little present... I had heard that the drug manufacturer, GlaxoSm*thKline sometimes donates anti-malarial medication to people going on humanitarian trips so I called them up to see if they might be able to help me out. I was told to submit a request and that they would probably be able to supply one months worth of medication to me for free. Much to my surprise, when I heard back from them they told me that they would be able to supply the whole amount! Today I picked this up from the clinic...



That's 132 pills valued at over $900, all for free! The receptionist at the clinic told me I was lucky, she has never known anyone to get their medication donated like that before. The truth is, luck has nothing to do with it. I serve a God who loves to lavish good gifts upon His children and He has chosen to bless me beyond what I ever would have asked for or even imagined.

So, a big thank you to GlaxoSm*thKline as well as N*rth Face for their generosity. And an even bigger thank you to God in heaven, the giver of ever good gift.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..."
James 1:17 

1 comment:

Adeye said...

HI Andrea, I was so deeply touched by your comment on my blog. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and tell me about a little treasure on your heart. My heart almost broke in two reading about him--I would LOVE to know more.

You are doing such an amazing thing as you follow God's heart wherever He may lead you. I see His amazing provision in your life and it sure is a beautiful thing.

I will definitely journey with you as to head to Africa. I miss it A LOT there. So I can live vicariously through you for a bit :)

Love and hugs
Adeye