Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm here!

Let me start by saying that I have discovered that arriving in Africa at night is actually quite anticlimactic. It was so dark when I got in last night that, aside from the wonderful Ugandan accent of my driver (which I didn’t realize how much I have missed), if I didn’t know any better you could have told me that I was anywhere in the world and I would have believed you. This morning however I was awaken by that African earth trembling thunder I mentioned in my last post. Later, when I got up and looked out the window and I saw the red earth street filled with taxis and motorcycles, bicycles loaded high with stuff, children playing with bicycle tires and an assortment of goats and cows I knew it was true, I really am back in Africa.

Turns out there’s free wireless at the guesthouse where I’m staying for the next week so I guess you can expect to be hearing from me pretty regularly. Not right now though… I have been sitting with my bags waiting for the driver to come just dying to walk around. So, now that my bags are safely stored in my room I’m outta here :)

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Ferdi said...

yeha! Great you're there! Enjoy, and see you in 2 weeks!
Ferdi

SuzanneCarson said...

SO glad to hear you made it! What a great morning to wake up and be in the place you love. Praise God!