Sunday, January 24, 2010

Goodbye Kampala

Today was a great last day in Kampala. I went to church this morning and then afterwards I went with one of my other friends who graduated this week to meet his family, see where he lives, etc. Robbie is an RA at the Music For Life Primary School I have been talking about and is such an incredible, godly young man. It was a privilege for me to be able to spend a couple of hours with him hearing about his life, encouraging him and praying with him. From there, Paul had arranged for almost all of my friends here to get together at one of their houses. While I was with Robbie, they all chipped in and worked together preparing a great African lunch for me. It was great to spend time with them all together, laughing and having fun like old times, and I felt so blessed that they would do all that for me. Finally, we ended off the day by going to the One Voice choir rehearsal. There weren’t many people there today, mostly just the friends I had been hanging out with all afternoon, but I can’t think of a better way to close off my time in Kampala then by joining these good friends / brothers & sisters of mine in songs of worship to our God.

As many transitions are and I’m sure most will be throughout the rest of my time in Africa, today was bittersweet. I have so enjoyed this time with my friends; I am sad to say goodbye and know that I will really miss them. Still, I am looking forward to my next week in Jinja visiting ministries like Our Own Home, Amazima, One More Child and Amani Baby Cottage. I don’t know what my internet situation will be like in Jinja but I will try to post at least once or twice while I am there. Thank you so much for your prayers up to this point and, let the adventures continue!

2 comments:

gariepywab said...

What a wonderful thing to have such great friends on the other side of the world... makes a mom's heart happy.

Jenny said...

AWWWW! Sounds and looks like so much fun!!! Hope your time in Jinja is blessed! I am praying for you!