Thursday, December 10, 2009

Collecting Specific Items for Africa

As I mentioned in my last post, I am going to be collecting specific items to take with me to Africa. In addition to my personal bag, I will have two 50-pound bags to fill with donations for the ministries I will be visiting. In order to make the most of those 100 pounds, I have put together a list of specific items I will be collecting based on the current needs of these ministries. Here's how you can help...

Bring comfort and an opportunity for play and therapeutic expression to orphans of war in the Democratic Republic of Congo:
- New or gently used Beanie Babies (or stuffed animals of equivalent size)
- Crayons, pencil crayons and paint brushes (I will be purchasing paint and paper in Uganda as they are difficult/heavy to transport)

Donate school supplies for a local school as well as a local sponsorship program in Uganda:
- For Teachers: stickers, pens, chalk, permanent markers, etc.
- For Students: hilroy exercise books (non-spiral), pencils, pens, erasers

Provide for the current needs of Our Own Home, a children's home for children living with HIV/AIDS:
- New or gently used boys clothing (summer) sizes 2T-5
- Boys underwear sizes 6-12
- Deodorant for teenagers (both boys and girls) *already received a donation of 100 each*
- Children's Motrin, Advil or Tylenol (tablets or syrup)
- Children's multivitamins
- Airborne (immune-boosting dietary supplement tablets)

If you would like to donate any of these items or if you have any questions please e-mail me at ambassadoroflove@live.ca.

No comments: