Monday, October 19, 2009

How quickly we forget...

For the past year I have been reading through my bible in chronological order (as a side note, it has been very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to study the bible in a fresh new way). The other day I came to the account of how Jesus fed four thousand men, plus women and children, with just seven loaves of bread and a few small fish (Matthew 15 / Mark 8). When Jesus tells his disciples that He wants to feed all those people they respond by saying, “Where in this remote place can anyone get enough bread to feed such a crowd?” An understandable reaction given the seeming impossibility of the task… EXCEPT just two days before I had read about how Jesus had fed five thousand men, plus women and children, with only five loaves of bead and two fish! The disciples had seen Jesus do it before and yet here they were, questioning how they would ever come up with enough bread. At first I was shocked, even disgusted at their audacity and lack of faith given that they had just witnessed Jesus perform that very same miracle. Then I realized that I am no different… I have seen God work everything out for me countless yet here I am, wondering how the details for the coming months of my life are ever going to come together. Oh, how quickly we forget… So, I cling to the knowledge that God has worked things out for me before and He will do it again.

LOVE this verse…

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.”
Psalm 138:8

No comments: