Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Much To Say...

Sorry it's been so long since I updated... I know many of you are anxious to hear what I'm going to be doing next and I have a few things in the works but nothing's confirmed yet so, in the meantime, there's not much to say. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and kind words in regards to Jonathan. With all the time I've had on my hands, I've found myself thinking of Him often and praying regularly for his family (please continue to keep Mama Katherine as well as her husband and other children in your prayers). God's mercy is a beautiful thing however and in the midst of my sorrow over Jonathan's death, another little boy whom I have loved and prayed for from afar has found a family who will soon be showering him with much-needed love. A timely reminder for me that God, the One who sets the lonely in families, is still at work on behalf of the orphans of this world.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20-21)

While I wait for all the details surrounding the next few months of my life to come together, I look back over the past few years of my life and I see how God has been equipping me for all that lies ahead and how He has been working in my heart, transforming my desires in such a way that they reflect His, thereby making them more are more pleasing to Him. And so, whatever it is that's around the next corner for me, I'm excited! In the meantime, I pray that He would continue to shape me and mold me and equip me with everything good, that He alone may receive all the glory.

No comments: